jeudi 17 mars 2011

WRITER'S BLOCK

I'm sitting here infront of my computer screen hoping for inspiration.

With so much around us to admire in God's wonderful creation, perhaps writter's block is just a figment of the imagination. I often find that if I close my eyes and ask God for inspiration then the words and ideas flow freely. After all, God is unchanging and longs to hear our prayers.

The programme last night on BBC2 about the Amish community was much better than having to endure Chelsea's lacklustre performance against the under-performing Danish club. Surely every shot at goal should succeed when football is now such big business.

If John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors or Bjorn Borg continually served double faults/ hit volleys out of court, their earnings would have soon nosedived. But with team games, and indeed teamworking, there only needs to be one shining example of brilliance for the whole team to triumph/flourish.

Back in 1990/1991 as an Undergraduate, I was thotoughly bored by the nonsense and pyschology of Belbin and teamworking, which had something to do with Henley Management College (HMC).

Later in 2003, as Editor at The Leprosy Mission TLM), I was even more amazed when the new boss on the blockt decided that hiring a management consultant from HMC could boost income. Sadly, and inevitably, to no avail. The powers that be in their infinite wisdom had failed to recognise that TLM was a pastoral medical Mission for which God had provided the funding, and professional staff, for over 125 years. We live and learn!

And now my writer's block has disappeared, I will sign off.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire